Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC)
1. Click on the four key variables that apply to your situation:
- Your gender – male or female
- Your weight in pounds (lbs.)
- Number of hours you've been drinking
- Total number of drinks you've had
2. Your BAC is represented by the white line in the chart. It is based upon the variables you input in step 1.
3. The black lines represent your approximate BAC level in the following hours based on the information you entered in step 1.
A Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) chart is a general guideline only and NOT the sole way to determine someone's intoxication level.
Other factors to consider when assessing BAC:
- Age (men only)
- Absorption rate
- Amount of food eaten
- Fitness level
Impairment begins with the first drink.