Special Occasion Permits

In Ontario, a Special Occasion Permit is required whenever alcohol is sold or served anywhere other than in a house or a licensed establishment. Special Occasions requiring permits may include:

  • Weddings
  • Corporate parties
  • Fundraisers
  • Charity events

As an event organizer you are responsible for your guests safety and sobriety. If your guests become intoxicated, you're responsible until they sober up, not just until they leave your event.

It is important to know you may be held responsible for injuries or damages that occur as a result of the alcohol you provide.

SOP Application

How can I take Smart Serve training?

Choose your training option:

  1. Online
  2. DVD Training Package