Things You Must Know
Policies and Procedures
A well written policy and procedures manual will inform staff and guests on acceptable practice and culture of responsible service of alcohol. The policy should be clear, positive and easy to update.
The Polices should be reviewed with staff/volunteers and posted in a visible place.
The policies should include things like:
- Guidelines on how to deal with aggressive, unruly and intoxicated guests
- Not allowing staff/volunteers to drink on the job
- Ensuring that staff/volunteers are of legal age to serve alcohol and are trained to deal with difficult situations
- Providing for adequate guest-to-staff ratio - have enough staff on duty to ensure the safety of your customers
- Dealing with under aged guests, including how to recognize and deal with false ID